A Factory in a Box (FIAB)
Experts from the Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC) approached Ultimo Software Solutions in early 2018 to become one of their technology partners to deliver their Factory In A Box project (FIAB). This was enabled through the Smart Manufacturing Accelerator framework designed to reduce time to market for leading-edge technologies within UK businesses along with Catapult UK. The MTC were beginning to develop an industry 4.0 demonstrator and partnership framework to deliver this innovative technology.
Ultimo & the Factory in a Box Demonstrator
A Factory in a Box (FIAB) is a rapidly deployable, remotely managed factory enabled by industrial digital technologies. The FIAB Demonstrator was built to show how manufacturers could adopt the latest digital technologies, which could be easily expanded, enable speedy ROI, and have the capability to be remotely managed. The FIAB showed an intelligent maintenance management system. End-to-end predictive maintenance with automated work order management.
What did Ultimo software do?
Ultimo played an important role in demonstrating the practical implementation of Industry 4.0 technology, as well as to evidence all aspects of Asset Management required for the ‘Factory In a Box.’’ This showcased how industry can gain a better insight into their assets and deliver efficient maintenance.
This leads to:
- downtime reduction
- performance improvement
- life span extension of assets
- Positive business case
- Architecture vision NS: Cloud
- Always up to date (cyber security + usability)
- Simplify management stack
- Relatively easy migration (no new product, only an upgrade)
- Positive experiences. Both the high performance and the fact that users can constantly benefit from the latest features are of great added value.
- Digitising maintenance management.
- Mobile working – on the tablet and at the machine.
- Better data about maintenance and repairs – and thus optimising the availability of the equipment.
- ISO- and IFS-compliant documentation.