More control of Medical Technology
The University Hospital in Brussels is an academic centre for top clinical patient care based on innovation and scientific research. In 2013, the hospital chose to implement Ultimo to support the biotechnical service.
Ultimo at University Hospital Brussels: biotechnology and the JCI accreditation
The Ultimo Enterprise Asset Management software gives the biotechnological service a better overview of all medical equipment. University Hospital Brussels are working with digitalised information. With this information, employees can quickly see when a medical instrument was purchased, when maintenance is required and when maintenance was executed. The Enterprise Asset Management software helps schedule the right people in the right place. The option to see your problem areas makes it so you can organise all of your resources in the best way possible.” It allows you to steer through a certification process much more purposefully.
Selection of Facility Management Software
In 2013, the University Hospital Brussels chose Ultimo EAM to support the biotechnical service. Currently, the hospital uses the Ultimo platform in several areas. Some examples of departments that use the software are the technical service, labs, logistics, purchasing, the kitchen, and facilities services. With this software suite, it is possible to work within one database. Easily preventing errors is a huge benefit of the suite. “The ease of linking the back offices, as well as the price/quality ratio, was decisive in our selection,” Flament explains.
Obtained results by Ultimo at University Hospital Brussels
- Clear overview of 50,000 medical instruments;
- Automation of periodical maintenance, inventory management and work order management;
- Significant added value because of the integration with the OPERA platform.
- Standardize processes and terminals are now able to share knowledge with each other
- The user-friendly system enables VTTI to implement and train users quickly
- Improved integration between maintenance & safety