Agristo regains control with Ultimo EAM software
Specialising in own-label brands, Agristo has been manufacturing frozen potato products, such as traditional Belgian fries, for the global market since 1986. However, as the capacity grew, so did the maintenance requirements.
Ultimo at Agristo: revolutionising maintenance operation
It became clear that the company had grown too big to stay in control of maintenance across all sites, which turned into operational inefficiency. The same problem could occur at each location, but each facility resolved it differently. Keeping or sharing technical knowledge within the company was difficult. To overcome this problem, Agristo implemented an Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) system to control the maintenance process. After letting the maintenance and production teams compare and rate several companies, it became clear that Ultimo offered all the required features.
The primary purpose of the new system was to implement structure into the maintenance operation. Before, there was a minimal digital log of all maintenance requests and jobs carried out. This minimal digital log made it a challenge to analyse the amount of work carried out, manage stock of parts, and stay on top of the condition of the equipment.
“Before, many jobs were initiated by someone grabbing the maintenance manager by the shirt, saying that something needed fixing. If, by the end of the day, you felt tired and your clothes covered in grease, then you knew you had done a good job. But that’s not productive. If you fix the same problem each day, you are not developing or increasing uptime and hands-on tool time. This is where Ultimo at Agristo has been a game-changer, helping us change the whole mentality regarding maintenance.”
Results obtained by Agristo:
- 5% increase in uptime.
- One simple-to-use EAM system across all sites.
- A clear set of data to use to benchmark progress.
- A solution Agristo can easily change to its needs.
- An external audit, by the IGJ or certifying bodies, can demonstrate compliance with the requirements of the Medical Technology Covenant.
- Annual savings of 130 to 160 man hours.
- No more double entry of maintenance and test data.
- Maintenance work can no longer be forgotten with active notifications to Logic Medical’s medical technicians.