Document and control all important processes
SGD Kipfenberg is market leader in the production of pharmaceutical glass. It is safe to say that probably everyone in Germany at one time or another held something that was produced by them. After all, they manufacture glass bottles for all sorts of medication. To further improve the quality of their process and products, they wanted a maintenance system for planning, implementation and documentation of iterating tests and audits. Ultimo, before it was introduced in Kipfenberg, was already in use in the French plants of SGD.
Because of the large number of maintenance tasks, audit legislation and external suppliers, SGD required a central system for maintenance management. Not just for Kipfenberg, but worldwide. First, they purchased Ultimo Maintenance Management for Germany and France. An important condition was the complete support in their own language.
Ultimo also offered the required flexibility, but the decisive criterion was that Ultimo offers its software in the cloud, as SaaS. Meaning that SGD did not have to make an IT infrastructure available with its own servers.
A browser with internet access is sufficient to have access to Ultimo all over the world. No additional resources are necessary, saving IT costs on sites and in the head office. This is why a further rollout in the production facilities in India and China is next.
- international application in the language of the country;
- modified to meet local requirements and legislation;
- Ultimo Go, for mobile use.
- Enhanced efficiency and cost-control
- Simplified maintenance management
- Easily customisable solution to meet changing requirements
- A clear way to display vital validation and calibration documentation
- Integration of Maintenance & Safety with better communication
- Meet the Seveso II directives
- A lot more control over maintenance and easy reporting
- Replaced over 30 other applications