BEWI RAW: Enabling preventive maintenance with Ultimo
Part of the global BEWI concern, BEWI RAW is Europe’s leading manufacturer of polystyrene beads – the raw material for Expanded Polystyrene (EPS), commonly known as Styrofoam. Its manufacturing facility at Porvoo, Finland, produces a range of EPS products for use as raw material in sectors including insulation and packaging.
The BEWI RAW manufacturing site at the Kilpilahti industrial estate in Porvoo, Finland, operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. With uptime of paramount importance, BEWI RAW needed to have optimal visibility over the maintenance status of its assets. When its old maintenance software was discontinued, the company decided to upgrade to a modern, cloud-based EAM solution that could support its digital transformation journey. In 2020, after evaluating several providers, it agreed on Ultimo, thanks to its user-friendly interface and the host of features offered.
Results obtained by BEWI RAW:
- A clear plan of critical maintenance tasks
- All documentation relating to assets is available in one place
- A user-friendly solution that doesn’t require high levels of computer literacy
- A simple overview of daily maintenance tasks
- Optimized maintenance management.
- Reliable support with personal contact.
- Improved cost control.
- A future-proofed, integrated & centralized EAM system
- More efficient and effective Permits to Work, focused on increased safety
- Better visualization of (non-)hazardous work
- Complete control over the data collected, enabling better business decisions
- Ability to customize and configure Ultimo following continuous improvement initiatives