Improving asset traceability with IFS Ultimo
Part of the global ROCKWOOL Group, Rockfon is a leading provider of stone wool acoustic ceilings and wall solutions, including acoustic ceiling tiles, wall panels, and suspended ceiling grids. Its site in Chicago specializes in manufacturing metal ceiling panels and Chicago Metallic® ceiling suspension grid systems using roll-forming.
As part of Rockfon’s efforts to modernize its manufacturing facility, it looked for an EAM system to gain better visibility over its maintenance operation, improve traceability, and enhance communication. After comparing several providers, the company chose IFS Ultimo. The solution was already successfully used by its sister factory in Belgium, and its high level of customizability made it a good fit for Rockfon’s unique operating environment.
Results already achieved:
- Better communication between teams
- All critical data instantly available in digital form
- Risk of human error in maintenance tasks minimized
- Improved safety across the facility
- Control over equipment through cataloguing
- Supporting sustainable material decisions
- Ability to forecast equipment needs