The integration of maintenance, storage and purchase increases the annual savings potential
The copper refinery in Brixlegg was first mentioned over 550 years ago. They currently employ more than 300 people who are responsible for turning traditions into a liveable future. The Motanwerke Brixlegg. every year, they recycle 100% of over 160,000 tonnes of copper scrap. Their products: copper cathodes, billets and cakes; precious metals such as gold, silver and platinum; copper oxychloride as the active ingredient in pesticides; and the sandblasting material ‘granos’.
Ultimo, the system of the future
As the head of the Maintenance department, Silvio Turri is responsible for different departments, including fireproof, mechanics, electrics, installation, construction. Over 60 employees make sure all the equipment operate with as few issues as possible. The Internal Logistics department also consists of 25 employees who are responsible for the transport of raw materials inside the factory and loading the end products. To streamline these processes, they work with the Ultimo Maintenance Management software, which realises their goal of having a modern, future-proof software solution for maintenance. The approach for the introduction was a pragmatic one.
- A future-proofed, integrated & centralized EAM system
- More efficient and effective Permits to Work, focused on increased safety
- Better visualization of (non-)hazardous work
- Complete control over the data collected, enabling better business decisions
- Ability to customize and configure Ultimo following continuous improvement initiatives
- Centralizes all data
- Automated reporting
- Optimizing collaboration between departments
- High degree of flexibility