BEWI RAW: Enabling preventive maintenance with Ultimo
Part of the global BEWI concern, BEWI RAW is Europe’s leading manufacturer of polystyrene beads – the raw material for Expanded Polystyrene (EPS), commonly known as Styrofoam. Its manufacturing facility at Porvoo, Finland, produces a range of EPS products for use as raw material in sectors including insulation and packaging.
The BEWI RAW manufacturing site at the Kilpilahti industrial estate in Porvoo, Finland, operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. With uptime of paramount importance, BEWI RAW needed to have optimal visibility over the maintenance status of its assets. When its old maintenance CMMS software was discontinued, the company decided to upgrade to a modern, cloud-based EAM solution that could support its digital transformation journey. In 2020, after evaluating several providers, it agreed on Ultimo, thanks to its user-friendly interface and the host of features offered.
Results obtained by BEWI RAW:
- A clear plan of critical maintenance tasks
- All documentation relating to assets is available in one place
- A user-friendly solution that doesn’t require high levels of computer literacy
- A simple overview of daily maintenance tasks
- An external audit, by the IGJ or certifying bodies, can demonstrate compliance with the requirements of the Medical Technology Covenant.
- Annual savings of 130 to 160 man hours.
- No more double entry of maintenance and test data.
- Maintenance work can no longer be forgotten with active notifications to Logic Medical’s medical technicians.