Efficient management of home ventilation devices
Erasmus MC is a university medical centre in Rotterdam, affiliated with Erasmus University Rotterdam. In terms of revenue, the hospital is the largest of the seven university medical centres in the Netherlands. Core functions include patient care, research and teaching. Valorisation, the social or economic utilisation of knowledge obtained from research, is generally considered a fourth core task.
Many administrative operations as a challenge
It is no longer feasible for Erasmus MC to do its own servicing and quality control of the increasingly large number of ventilators issued by the ‘Centrum van Thuisbeademing’ (Centre of Home Ventilation). The Medical Technology department is not set up to function structurally outside the hospital. Therefore, this is done by service partner Logic Medical.
Solution: Connecting data sources
Meditain helps healthcare institutions and hospitals solve all kinds of process and technology issues and is a certified IFS Ultimo implementation partner. The question was very specific: if service partner Logic Medical, who does the maintenance, records the maintenance history, why not open up all this data directly into the IFS Ultimo asset management system through an API? The answer was a link between the two systems, created by Meditain.
Meditain is IFS Ultimo’s Dutch implementation partner in healthcare. Meditain has been offering healthcare institutions a helping hand with issues related to technology and medical technology since 2011. Hospitals turn to them for project management in technology procurement and/or implementation processes, quality audits, implementation and functional management of maintenance management systems.
Results already obtained:
- An external audit, by the IGJ or certifying bodies, can demonstrate compliance with the requirements of the Medical Technology Covenant.
- Annual savings of 130 to 160 man hours.
- No more double entry of maintenance and test data.
- Maintenance work can no longer be forgotten with active notifications to Logic Medical’s medical technicians.
- Optimized maintenance management.
- Reliable support with personal contact.
- Improved cost control.
- A future-proofed, integrated & centralized EAM system
- More efficient and effective Permits to Work, focused on increased safety
- Better visualization of (non-)hazardous work
- Complete control over the data collected, enabling better business decisions
- Ability to customize and configure Ultimo following continuous improvement initiatives