Spice specialist AVO-Werke optimises asset management and audit processes with Ultimo
AVO-Werke August Beisse GmbH is a market-leading spice specialist, serving many major food manufacturers, B2B operators in the food trade, and artisan butchers across Europe. The company produces approximately 50,000 tonnes of raw herbs and spices annually and boasts a portfolio of around 8,000 products, including organic and processed spices, spice blends, marinades, seasoning sauces, and dressings as well as food processing products such as nets and casings for ham and sausages.
At AVO’s manufacturing sites, the technical department is responsible for maintenance activities. The company required a new Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) system as it had become evident that the existing one could no longer support its needs.
AVO wanted a solution that would cover all vital asset management processes but also offer a simple user interface to allow quick uptake amongst employees and enable a mobile and largely paperless operation. After a thorough review, the company decided to introduce Ultimo in 2020.
Results AVO-Werke achieved:
- Clear visibility over asset condition and efficient order management
- Improved reporting and documentation
- Enhanced ease of use and quick user acceptance
- Paper-free operation with Ultimo Go+
- Flexible and easily customisable solution
- Better cost control for maintenance and spare parts management
- Accurate inventory overview of spare parts stock
- More efficient audit processing