Integral EAM cloud platform helps Mosa increase efficiency
Mosa has been designing and producing sustainable ceramic tiles in their factory in Maastricht since 1833. To properly shape this process, Mosa now uses Ultimo Enterprise Asset Management as an integral part of it.
Ultimo at Mosa: Integral EAM cloud platform helps Mosa increase efficiency
With the integral Ultimo Enterprise Asset Management cloud platform, they have increased their efficiency significantly at the exact cost. Maintenance, Facility, IT Service Management, and HSE processes are managed integrally from one application. This achievement secured Mosa a well-deserved second place for the Ultimo Award. The Ultimo Award is traditionally part of the Ultimo Conference. Ron Sleijpen, Functional Analyst for the ceramic tile manufacturer, explains: “In 2017, we migrated as many systems as possible to the cloud. This project freed up a lot of time for our internal organization. Most of our work is now done digitally according to standard processes. This way of working increases our efficiency significantly”.
Increased efficiency through integration
At the introduction of Ultimo, the first step was to integrate the maintenance processes after working with another application for 20 years. Mosa also added the facility and IT Service Management processes to the Ultimo EAM cloud platform. At last, Mosa migrated the HSE processes to the same Ultimo application. “We now work together from one system. Users are no longer sent back and forth for answers, and processes are linked. This migration has significantly increased our efficiency. Everyone works in the same way in one system. And all this information is used for analyses,” Sleijpen adds. “And everything at the same costs as before, when we had only integrated the maintenance processes in the system. This is a great advantage.”
Watch the video about the use of Ultimo at Mosa:
- An external audit, by the IGJ or certifying bodies, can demonstrate compliance with the requirements of the Medical Technology Covenant.
- Annual savings of 130 to 160 man hours.
- No more double entry of maintenance and test data.
- Maintenance work can no longer be forgotten with active notifications to Logic Medical’s medical technicians.
- A future-proofed, integrated & centralized EAM system
- More efficient and effective Permits to Work, focused on increased safety
- Better visualization of (non-)hazardous work
- Complete control over the data collected, enabling better business decisions
- Ability to customize and configure Ultimo following continuous improvement initiatives