Improved safety for Maasvlakte Oil Terminal
The focus of Ultimo for MOT is on improving equipment performance and safety. Also important is how data are demonstrated during audits and inspections. And the technical service expressed the need to have an automated maintenance management system.
Importance legislation and certification increases
European legislation for chemical industry is becoming stricter. Because of the increasingly strict European regulations for the chemical industry, establishing a history to meet certifications in case of audits became more important to MOT as well.
Maasvlakte Oil Terminal also uses Ultimo for generating and processing work orders, preventive maintenance, registering existing installations and scheduling inspections based on risk analyses. Costs for materials and hours will be charged on internally by Ultimo to the right cost centres. And the interface with Exact helps with an efficient financial handling.
Results MOT achieved since starting to use Ultimo:
- Much better registration of information and know-how.
- Find relevant information quickly, e.g. for audits.
- Major increase in efficiency at the technical service.
- Bringing departments together.
- Digitising maintenance management.
- Mobile working – on the tablet and at the machine.
- Better data about maintenance and repairs – and thus optimising the availability of the equipment.
- ISO- and IFS-compliant documentation.
- A clear plan of critical maintenance tasks
- All documentation relating to assets is available in one place
- A user-friendly solution that doesn’t require high levels of computer literacy
- A simple overview of daily maintenance tasks