HAL Allergy Group simplifies maintenance with Ultimo
HAL Allergy Group is one of the leading specialists in allergen immunotherapy in Europe. For over 60 years, the company has been researching and producing a range of allergen extracts for therapeutic and diagnostic purposes, for example, to help people overcome house mite, pet or grass allergies. The company has two state-of-the-art production facilities in the Bio Science park in Leiden, the Netherlands. One is used to manufacture its products, the other for its Contract Manufacturing Organisation (CMO) orders, most recently a COVID-19 vaccine.
In 2008, HAL Allergy Group looked to upgrade its Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) system. The company was using various programmes to manage its daily maintenance processes with some tasks logged in in Excel and Access, making it hard to oversee all the data relating to the assets. To simplify management and improve the way crucial compliance documentation was stored, it looked for a more integrated solution. It wanted to manage parts, suppliers, Meantime Between Failure (MTBF), and various other factors all on one platform. Ultimo offered all the required features with the added benefit of a high level of customisability.
Results HAL Allergy achieved:
- Enhanced efficiency and cost-control
- Simplified maintenance management
- Easily customisable solution to meet changing requirements
- A clear way to display vital validation and calibration documentation
- Positive business case
- Architecture vision NS: Cloud
- Always up to date (cyber security + usability)
- Simplify management stack
- Relatively easy migration (no new product, only an upgrade)
- Positive experiences. Both the high performance and the fact that users can constantly benefit from the latest features are of great added value.
- Digitising maintenance management.
- Mobile working – on the tablet and at the machine.
- Better data about maintenance and repairs – and thus optimising the availability of the equipment.
- ISO- and IFS-compliant documentation.