HAL Allergy Group simplifies maintenance with Ultimo
HAL Allergy Group is one of the leading specialists in allergen immunotherapy in Europe. For over 60 years, the company has been researching and producing a range of allergen extracts for therapeutic and diagnostic purposes, for example, to help people overcome house mite, pet or grass allergies. The company has two state-of-the-art production facilities in the Bio Science park in Leiden, the Netherlands. One is used to manufacture its products, the other for its Contract Manufacturing Organisation (CMO) orders, most recently a COVID-19 vaccine.
In 2008, HAL Allergy Group looked to upgrade its Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) system. The company was using various programmes to manage its daily maintenance processes with some tasks logged in in Excel and Access, making it hard to oversee all the data relating to the assets. To simplify management and improve the way crucial compliance documentation was stored, it looked for a more integrated solution. It wanted to manage parts, suppliers, Meantime Between Failure (MTBF), and various other factors all on one platform. Ultimo offered all the required features with the added benefit of a high level of customisability.
Results HAL Allergy achieved:
- Enhanced efficiency and cost-control
- Simplified maintenance management
- Easily customisable solution to meet changing requirements
- A clear way to display vital validation and calibration documentation
- An external audit, by the IGJ or certifying bodies, can demonstrate compliance with the requirements of the Medical Technology Covenant.
- Annual savings of 130 to 160 man hours.
- No more double entry of maintenance and test data.
- Maintenance work can no longer be forgotten with active notifications to Logic Medical’s medical technicians.