Managing thousands of assets of the Rijnland District Water Board
To guarantee all those dry feet and clean drinking water, each day again, professional asset management is essential. Because all these numerous assets need to function continuously and need to help Rijnland to fulfil its promises. Ultimo gave a better understanding about the process and the management of assets became more efficient. Of all those thousands of assets.
Dry feet, clean drinking water
This slogan by Rijnland District Water Board says it all. Or rather, it explains what they strive for. On the one hand, the board ensures the right water level in polders and urban areas and offers protection against the sea and floods, and on the other hand they ensure clean and healthy water in lakes, canals and ditches.
The District Water Board has a separate Maintenance department, which is responsible for the entire maintenance work. Meaning more attention can be paid to maintenance and providing insight into the area. The department has been set up using the ‘Value Driven Maintenance’ (VDM) methodology. It focuses on gaining the maximum added value from infrastructure. «Detailed costs also for maintenance, however, had not been comprehensible in the past. We realised that we needed tools in order to provide detailed insight because Excel sheets were no longer sufficient,» says Mr Van Leijenhorst. The organisation began its search for an Enterprise Asset Management System (EAMS). And chose Ultimo’s Infra Asset Management software.
Results achieved with the software are:
- Better understanding about the complete area and possible risks.
- Efficiency gains on an operational level.
- Demonstrating the value of Maintenance & Asset Management has become so much easier.
Asset Management at Rijnland
How the Enterprise Asset Management landscape at Rijnland enables the core objectives of ensuring water safety, adequate water and clean water:
- An external audit, by the IGJ or certifying bodies, can demonstrate compliance with the requirements of the Medical Technology Covenant.
- Annual savings of 130 to 160 man hours.
- No more double entry of maintenance and test data.
- Maintenance work can no longer be forgotten with active notifications to Logic Medical’s medical technicians.