Return On Investment less than 6 months at Zandvliet
Zandvliet is a family business and was founded in 1929. The company has developed into a production company providing meat products for traditional butcher’s shops, the meat industry and retail. They now have three sites, each of which is responsible for their own production.
Ultimo at Zandvliet: higher hands-on tool time
Putting out fires, trying to catch up, and chaos in the maintenance department. Zandvliet’s maintenance team was working from day to day, a challenge highlighted by understaffing. As Zandvliet grows, it has become even more important that the maintenance team is well organised both now and in the future. No more ad hoc activities but planned activities taken up in a streamlined process.
That was what Zandvliet wanted, and that is exactly what was realised with the Ultimo Enterprise Asset Management platform. Sander van der Velden (Operational Director) and Leon Geurts (Head Technical Service) agree: “Since the implementation of Ultimo, our technical service has had time again for their actual work: maintenance. Ultimo sends an alert when maintenance is due,
which is very convenient. It gives a sense of calm, knowing you’re not forgetting anything.”
Challenges the company faced:
- From putting out fires to structured maintenance.
- Bring order to chaos.
- Professional support for a growing maintenance organisation.
Results Zandvliet achieved:
- Higher hands-on tool time for the complete technical service.
- Significant cost reductions that have earned back the investment quickly.
- Entire shift from corrective to preventive maintenance.
- Structure, order and peace of mind.
- Return On Investment less than 6 months.
- An external audit, by the IGJ or certifying bodies, can demonstrate compliance with the requirements of the Medical Technology Covenant.
- Annual savings of 130 to 160 man hours.
- No more double entry of maintenance and test data.
- Maintenance work can no longer be forgotten with active notifications to Logic Medical’s medical technicians.