System integration improves complete asset management process
Waterschap Drents Overijsselse Delta (WDODelta) was formed in 2016 by a merger of the water boards Reest and Wieden (in Drenthe and Overijssel) and Groot Salland (in Overijssel).
Ultimo at WDODelta: a uniform way of working
The two predecessors of WDODelta worked with two different versions of another maintenance management system. Together with WDODelta, the Ultimo consultants researched what data were relevant and whether those data were up to date. The data were then cleaned and enriched with additional information. Then the existing data were migrating to Ultimo. The result is that planners, managers and mechanics can now register and consult asset information in a quicker and smarter way.
WDODelta’s working area spans from Assen to Deventer and includes over 7000 kilometres of rivers, channels, watercourses and ditches; 16 sewage treatment plants; 363 pumping stations; 1972 weirs and over 1000 kilometres of dykes and quays. All of these maintenance objects and their assets are registered in Ultimo. “With Ultimo we have more control over our asset data, the failures, the solutions and even the costs. Our people understand the necessity of the new system and now also really enjoy working with it. We are now all working in the same way.”
Challenges the company faced:
- Replace three Enterprise Asset Management systems.
- Analyse, clean, enrich and then migrate data.
- Create a more efficient order process with corresponding financial control and processing.
Results WDODelta achieved:
- Uniform and harmonious working method for the merger organisation WDODelta.
- Efficiency improvement and higher hands-on tool time.
- Improves benchmarking options thanks to Ultimo-supported industry standard Aquo.
- Standardize processes and terminals are now able to share knowledge with each other
- The user-friendly system enables VTTI to implement and train users quickly
- Improved integration between maintenance & safety