COMBINING EAM & HSE TECHNOLOGY WITHIN THE WASTE MANAGEMENT INDUSTRY
The Gloucestershire Energy from Waste Facility is designed to reduce the amount of residual waste, landfilled in Gloucestershire. Aside from the safety aspect of dealing with residual waste which cannot be recycled or composted, this energy from waste facility produces the equivalent electricity to power 25,000 homes and contributes to Gloucestershire’s overall renewable energy production.
Ultimo at Urbaser: combining EAM & HSE technology in the waste management industry
The facility diverts over 90% of the county’s waste, producing 14.5 MW of electricity. Urbaser identified the need for an Enterprise Asset Management system that aligned with the Power sector’s approach to managing safety assessment of works with work order processes and enabled the system to manage/connect with multiple sites. This facility is the first site to be considered.
Urbaser identified Ultimo as the best product for Permit to work and Risk Assessment and its options to upscale as they grew. Andrew Evans explains: “We found the best product for us as a company was Ultimo. Ultimo offers many bolt-on systems that can expand their use at the facility if needed. The functionalities suited our needs, and Ultimo was easy to tailor to meet our individual needs. Ultimo at Urbaser allows us to work in one system, managing our work orders and permits. I have found Ultimo very flexible to work with, even down to editing the system to meet our exact needs. The platform is extremely flexible, and the project manager from Ultimo is extremely competent at modifying the system to suit our needs.”
- As a green field site
- Regulatory compliance
- Multiple site integration
- Risk Reduction
Results Urbaser reached:
- 100% paperless multi-site process
- 100% digitised regulatory compliance reached
- Digitising maintenance management.
- Mobile working – on the tablet and at the machine.
- Better data about maintenance and repairs – and thus optimising the availability of the equipment.
- ISO- and IFS-compliant documentation.
- A clear plan of critical maintenance tasks
- All documentation relating to assets is available in one place
- A user-friendly solution that doesn’t require high levels of computer literacy
- A simple overview of daily maintenance tasks