A fully integrated EAM system to maximize reliability
Nemo Link Limited took the decision to select Ultimo EAM in mid 2019. In selecting and implementing Ultimo EAM successfully they have a fully integrated system in use for EAM and HSE issues of the two converter stations.
Ultimo at Nemo Link Limited: more overview, structure and efficiency
Nemo Link Limited took the decision to select the Ultimo Enterprise Asset Management platform in mid-2019. In selecting and implementing Ultimo at Nemo Link Limited successfully they have a fully integrated system in use for EAM and HSE issues of the two converter stations. The Nemo Link interconnector is a joint venture between National Grid Interconnector Holdings Limited, a subsidiary company of the UK’s National Grid Plc, and the Belgian Elia group. The interconnector electrically connects Belgium and the UK providing both countries with improved grid reliability and access to sustainable generation. Nemo Link consists of subsea and underground cables connected to a converter station in each country, which allows electricity to flow in either direction between the two countries.
Challenges the company faced:
- A suitable system for the registration of assets and integration of HSE was missing.
- A clear way to plan maintenance activities was missing.
Results National Grid Nemo Link achieved:
- A fully integrated system for EAM and HSE issues.
- More overview, structure and efficiency achieved.
- Direct insight into maintenance progress and outstanding issues.
- Digitising maintenance management.
- Mobile working – on the tablet and at the machine.
- Better data about maintenance and repairs – and thus optimising the availability of the equipment.
- ISO- and IFS-compliant documentation.
- A clear plan of critical maintenance tasks
- All documentation relating to assets is available in one place
- A user-friendly solution that doesn’t require high levels of computer literacy
- A simple overview of daily maintenance tasks