BCA OVERCOME IT CHALLENGES WITH A REMOTE INSTALLATION OF ULTIMO.
After implementing Ultimo to replace Planet FM BCA College feel much more supported and valued. Another big advantage of moving to Ultimo is it’s allowed them to move to a strong SaaS platform and moving away from Planet FM as an On Premise solution. The account manager, support, and success team focus has enabled BCA College to quickly address further needs for support where necessary such as product literature.
Ultimo at BCA College: overcome IT challenges with EAM
Moving to the Ultimo Enterprise Asset Management software has meant moving to a solution with a clear Research & Development roadmap and a robust SaaS platform. The Ultimo SaaS platform receives regular updates to the latest version. Ultimo does these updates with no interruption, lowering management costs to IT.
Louis Wright, sustainability manager at BCA College, talks about Ultimo at BCA College: “One major benefit of this project is that Ultimo is cloud-based, as opposed to our previous software, which was On-Premises. Had this situation occurred before, we would not have been able to work on (or potentially use) our FM software remotely at all. Ultimo has been fantastic to work with remotely and has been great at discussing challenges and solutions. I do not feel the project has suffered at all from remote working. The planned maintenance works really well for the estates, facilities, and domestic services teams. Next to that, we’re able to use a single sign-on from Google to Ultimo.”
Which challenges do they face:
- On-Premises performance issues
- Tired platform and interfaces
- Pressure to change from IT Team
- Significant Internal Costs to IT
Results BCA College achieved:
- Investment with a software partner with a clear R&D Roadmap
- Integration with the College’s Google G-Suite for single sign-on
- Excellent Implementation & Support from Ultimo
- Digitising maintenance management.
- Mobile working – on the tablet and at the machine.
- Better data about maintenance and repairs – and thus optimising the availability of the equipment.
- ISO- and IFS-compliant documentation.
- A clear plan of critical maintenance tasks
- All documentation relating to assets is available in one place
- A user-friendly solution that doesn’t require high levels of computer literacy
- A simple overview of daily maintenance tasks