Managing thousands of assets of the Rijnland District Water Board
To guarantee all those dry feet and clean drinking water, each day again, professional asset management is essential. Because all these numerous assets need to function continuously and need to help Rijnland to fulfil its promises. Ultimo gave a better understanding about the process and the management of assets became more efficient. Of all those thousands of assets.
Dry feet, clean drinking water
This slogan by Rijnland District Water Board says it all. Or rather, it explains what they strive for. On the one hand, the board ensures the right water level in polders and urban areas and offers protection against the sea and floods, and on the other hand they ensure clean and healthy water in lakes, canals and ditches.
The District Water Board has a separate Maintenance department, which is responsible for the entire maintenance work. Meaning more attention can be paid to maintenance and providing insight into the area. The department has been set up using the ‘Value Driven Maintenance’ (VDM) methodology. It focuses on gaining the maximum added value from infrastructure. “Detailed costs also for maintenance, however, had not been comprehensible in the past. We realised that we needed tools in order to provide detailed insight because Excel sheets were no longer sufficient,” says Mr Van Leijenhorst. The organisation began its search for an Enterprise Asset Management System (EAMS). And chose Ultimo’s Infra Asset Management software.
Results achieved with the software are:
- Better understanding about the complete area and possible risks.
- Efficiency gains on an operational level.
- Demonstrating the value of Maintenance & Asset Management has become so much easier.
- Standardize processes and terminals are now able to share knowledge with each other
- The user-friendly system enables VTTI to implement and train users quickly
- Improved integration between maintenance & safety