- More than 64% saw mobile-based maintenance practices as pivotal to boosting efficiency, but the lack of suitable technology is delaying uptake.
- 39% recognized that investing in the workforce would be paramount for futureproofing operations.
- Aging assets were identified as the biggest threat to uptime, yet asset longevity is the least important KPI for most respondents.
- Improving cooperation between departments is seen as critical in enhancing the response to unprecedented events, and it’s been a key focus area for most respondents in the past year.
- Over 50% of respondents said that recruitment challenges had been the leading cause of disruption in their organization.
- Cybersecurity is still not a priority, with the majority of asset management teams only receiving 1-2 hours of cybersecurity training per year.
- Nearly 50% of respondents don’t regularly analyze their asset data to identify ways to improve efficiency, despite having the tools required to do so.
This report offers the latest insights to inspire maintenance and asset management professionals to use their challenges to fuel positive change. It’s clear that data-driven decision-making, optimal cross-team collaboration, and smart use of technology are vital, now and in the future.