Interxion: maintenance managed to a T.
Interxion has more than 50 data centres in Europe (Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands and United Kingdom). These centres are designed, built and managed by Interxion itself. They offer co-location for consumers of cooling, power, fire prevention and security. Maintenance management is paramount for the organisation as it guarantees an uptime of 99.999%. Ultimo is used for a number of processes, including work order management, preventive maintenance and contract management.
Smooth operation and pass audits with both eyes closed
Using Ultimo gave Interxion the edge in a number of ways:
- Tool to help realise an uptime of 99.999%.
- Day to day operations are efficient.
- The right information available quickly and easily, for instance for audits.
Success factors when implementing Ultimo
Peter Dijkman, maintenance manager at Interxion, has a few useful tips for prospective users of Ultimo:
- Start small; take it slowly.
- Use very clear instructions and coach users well.
- Demonstrate the added value of Ultimo so people see the advantages.